"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Thursday, March 14, 2013

My practice dress

Some friends are coming over tomorrow so I can try to show them how to make a simple dress. Eeeek! Apparently, I know what I'm doing! See, the thing is, I have taught myself to make things just by fiddling- trial and error (lots of error!) So I'm a little nervous.

Of course I blinked in the best photo of the dress so I cropped my head off. Ha!


Last night I sat down and tried to think through the process a little more clearly instead of just guessing and cutting and hoping for the best. I came up with this little number which is based on the sheath dress pattern that I made a few weeks ago. Tutorial was from HERE. I am happier with the neckline of this one and I managed to work out the sleeves. I'm loving this nude colour at the moment. This fabric was a little bit slippery and my machine didn't love it. I'm happy with how it turned out in the end though.


I'm hoping to be able to show you what we come up with tomorrow. Wish us luck and stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your link with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if only I lived closer! I would so be coming for a lesson too! You're amazing Bec, the clothes you have been making are right up my alley. So inspiring. X

    ReplyDelete