"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Too busy!

It has been a while  between posts! I have been doing lots of sewing, but mainly spending time doing fun things with my 3 kids who are on school holidays. I have been working on 3 projects at once and haven't finished any of them yet. So here is a sneak peak of what will be appearing on my blog soon.

This will be (eventually) a small quilt for my brother's 1st baby, more reversible pinafores with matching headbands and Easter bunny soft toys. Oh my! I'd better get busy!
Stay tuned for the finished results!

In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you a dress I made last year for Gabby to wear to my cousin's wedding. It is getting a bit short now and she has only worn it twice. I'm considering how I can lengthen it to make it last a bit longer.









That's it for now. Back soon when I can show you some finished things!

1 comment:

  1. Hey beck - gorgeous dress - can you add a wider waist band? Such beautiful fabric, shame for her not to get a bit more wear out of it xoxo
    (this is Jacqui, just under Scarletts profile

    ReplyDelete