"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holiday sewing

I love holidays!! During the day we have been bushwalking, picnicing, swimming, beaching, visiting, playing, resting and at night I have been SEWING! Lots of sewing!

Last night I finished these 6 reversible pinafores with matching headbands which will soon be available to buy at Sew Beautiful in Springwood in sizes 1, 2 and 3. Hooray!


My husband snapped this photo of me tracing the pattern for these dresses onto Christmas wrapping paper.


Next, I made this dress for my Gabby to wear at Easter. Have you ever seen funkier corduroy? I love it. I used the same pattern I used to make the dress found here. I wasn't sure how it would go with thicker corduroy fabric, but it seems fine.










Finally, here is my favourite holiday photo so far. My lovelies in the bush on a beautiful day.

They make me happy :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the dresses, you inspire me to want to learn to sew!! Love the pic of your kiddies too :-)

    ReplyDelete