"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas dresses and photos

I nearly forgot about these two dresses I made for Gabby to wear at Christmas.

This first one was made using 'Kumari Garden Holiday' fabric by Dena Designs. I bought it from the US on Etsy. I have made this pattern before- SEE HERE. I love it because it is so simple- just made from  different size rectangles and she loves it because it has an exciting amount of 'twirl' happening.


This next one was made for Gabby's Preschool concert where the theme was 'White Christmas'. Gabby chose the fabric from Spotlight as it was super sparkly. I traced around the bodice of a dress she already owns and then just made a gathered, two layered rectangle for the skirt and sewed it to the bodice.



Each year, I like to take a Christmas photo of the kids and use it for our family Christmas card. This year, I decided to buy a bunch of Christmas coloured helium balloons and take the kids the National Park near our house for some photo fun. We got heaps of good shots- here's just a couple of my faves:



Check out these from the previous 4 years. Look how much my baby has grown!

2012
2011
2010
2009- Gabby's 1st Christmas

 So that's Christmas for another year. I hope you all had a happy one with time spent reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. xxx






1 comment: