"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Twirly dresses for my girl



So I've fallen off the wagon with my blogging this year. I have still been creating and enjoying my little craft room very much- just no time to blog!

Here are some dresses I made for my Gabby recently. The red one was for Christmas and I made the purple one because I loved making the red one so much. They are super twirly which my little singing and dancing machine loves!

I found the tutorial on etsy here. It was a downloadable PDF one that was so easy to make. The thing I love most about making this dress is that there are no pattern pieces! You just cut a series if rectangles according to the given measurements and sew them all together.  The dress has no buttons (Gabby hates anything with buttons) and it fits really well because you can adjust it at the back with the bow.

I made this one for Christmas


And I made this one with fabric from my stash just because I loved making the red one so much :)

And this one for my niece for her 8th Birthday. Happy Birthday Olivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment