"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sock Monkey!

I have always wanted to make one of these!

 Today I was at home with my 5 year old who will be off to big school in only a few short months :(( He loves to make things nearly as much as I do so I thought we'd have a crafty day together. We used a pair of his knee-high, stripey socks to make this monkey. I sewed, he stuffed and stuffed and stuffed. I wish I'd taken a photo of him and Gabby stuffing this thing- they were soooo quiet and focussed for so long.

I found the tutorial online HERE.

It turned out super cute- nearly as cute as its owner :)







No comments:

Post a Comment